Wednesday, May 2, 2007

BRMC are Killers

One has to be leary when reading music reviews. Many "reviewers" are too pretentious for their own good. That's why I'm glad I didn't take seriously a few reviews I read of Black Rebel Motorcycle Club's new album, Baby 81.

Usually I like the reviews at allmusic.com . But the reviewer (whom I won't name because they don't deserve to be named on this hallowed site) for Baby 81 loved their last album, Howl, so much that they wanted more of the same. But upon first listen of the album, I realized that the reviewer, if you read between the lines, doesn't like this album because it is definitely BRMC's most accessible album to date. Does that mean it's a sell out. No, I don't think so. They just rock a little harder with Baby 81. They almost (I said almost) sound like the Killers, but of course better because they are BRMC! It's another great album by a great band.

So beware of pretentious reviewers. They like think they're so like escoteric. I mean, like, oh my god. They make me angry.

No comments: